Chris Wallace leaves FOX News after 18 years to join CNN+

Veteran broadcast journalist Chris Wallace announced his departure from FOX News on the air Sunday morning. CNN later confirmed Wallace will next host a weekday show for its streaming platform CNN+, which is set to debut in 2022.

Wallace, the 74-year-old son of late 60 Minutes icon Mike Wallace, said: “After 18 years — this is my final FOX News Sunday. It is the last time — and I say this with real sadness — we will meet like this. Eighteen years ago, the bosses here at FOX promised me they would never interfere with a guest I booked or a question I asked. And they kept that promise. I have been free to report to the best of my ability, to cover the stories I think are important, to hold our country’s leaders to account. It’s been a great ride.  The fact you’ve chosen to spend this hour with us is something I cherish. But after 18 years, I have decided to leave FOX. I want to try something new, to go beyond politics to all the things I’m interested in. I’m ready for a new adventure. And I hope you’ll check it out.”

FOX News Media said Wallace’s show will continue and will be hosted by rotating news anchors until a permanent anchor is announced, adding in a statement:  “We are extremely proud of our journalism and the stellar team that Chris Wallace was a part of for 18 years. The legacy of FOX News Sunday will continue with our star journalists, many of whom will rotate in the position until a permanent host is named.”

Wallace covered five presidential elections and interviewed every president since George H.W. Bush, as well as world leaders such as France’s Emanuel Macron and Russia’s Vladimir Putin. Wallace previously worked for ABC from 1989-2003 and NBC from 1975-88, including serving as NBC’s White House correspondent in the 1980s and moderator of Meet the Press from 1987-88.

Fox Anchor Chris Wallace Makes His Own News With Move to CNN

Editorial credit: mark reinstein / Shutterstock.com

Related Posts

Loading...