13 people hospitalized due to carbon monoxide exposure at Ohio hotel pool

Thirteen people were hospitalized for exposure to carbon monoxide at a Hampton Inn, shortly after a 2-year-old girl lost consciousness in the pool of the hotel.

Police Chief Tony Brooks confirmed that dispatchers in Marysville. Ohio received 911 calls that the girl had fallen into the pool or was found unconscious in the pool at approximately 5:30 p.m. on Saturday. Dispatchers soon received more calls reporting people unconscious. Two of the patients were listed as being in critical condition after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning, but have since stabilized, hospital officials confirmed. Five patients are in serious condition and at least four other patients have since been released from the hospital. Six of the patients were children; it was not immediately clear what caused the high carbon monoxide levels. Officials stated that the hotel was evacuated, and hotel management booked guests at other hotels nearby.

Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley said: “We did have life-threatening levels of carbon monoxide in the pool area of the hotel, and we transported several people to local hospitals. We continue the investigation into the source and glad that no one died as a result of their exposure.”

Editorial credit: Tada Images/ Shutterstock.com

Related Posts

Loading...